I have to admit I was surprised at how much butter was used in these cookies. It also took a cup of crushed pecans and a lot of flour. I used pecans off our tree outside that had already been shelled but my food processor was playing hide-and-go-seek so I resorted to crushing them with a mallet. Apparently I did not get them all crushed up good enough and had some problems with the dough getting stopped up when I used the cookie press.
Finally some were done and it was time for taste testing. Verdict: No good. They did not really taste like anything at all. So the batter went in the trash and the baked cookies are going to a good home in small children's tummies.
I was so sad that my cookie experiment failed so later that night I got together with a friend and we made Sugar Cookies and Snickerdoodles. They were amazing. Moral of the story: Always have sugar cookie ingredeance lying about for emergancies!