Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pull up a chair and listen in

I thought I would give you a list of fun podcasts to check out as we move into the holiday travel season.  Some of these I have probably mentioned before but this is my current list of favorite podcasts!

Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine
This is a new fun husband and wife podcast that explores the odd and curious ways people have been trying to treat all sorts of ailments.  They release a new episode each Friday and I find it a fun way to kick off Saturday morning as I putter around and get ready.

Stuff You Missed in History Class
This is a well established podcast that has a fantastic current and backlist of episodes.  There have been several hosts all with their different spin on topics.  Two episodes come out each week so they are great to listen to while you drive or work out.

NPR: TED Radio Hour Podcast
This is a fun podcast that is an hour long.  They put out an episode each week and it dives deeper into TED talks always grouped together by a theme.

Good Job Brain!
This is a fun podcast full of random trivia.  Put together by a pub trivia team you always learn something new.  Each episode centers around a different theme and every fifth episode is all quiz.

Irish and Celtic Music Podcast
This is a fantastic podcast that you can listen to over and over.  I really enjoy the fun mix of different types of music from instrumental to modern to traditional.  My favorite current episode is #146 West Coast Celtic Music and favorite past episode is #126.

The History of English Podcast
This is an interesting podcast that traces the history of the English language.  I love finding out why English seems to make no sense but actually it is a fascinating mix of so many people.

So give some a listen and let me know which ones you like and others that you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment