Tonight I was going to make my first set. I pulled out my fabric and it measured 41 inches across instead of 45 inches! I guess I lost 4 inches in the wash? I am not sure what happened. So not to be daunted I decided to make do and switch to a small blanket.
I cut my fabric and laid it out to begin pinning it. You may be able to tell where this is headed.
I began sewing and after about 12 inches I realized that my pins were on the bottom side and hard to get out. But I kept sewing.
I finished sewing and trimming and it suddenly struck me! I had laid out my material and batting as if I was going to use binding. This was not the correct way to flip out the blanket.
Out came the seam ripper and apart came the blanket. I laid it out correctly, pinned it and began to sew. This time it took awhile because my helper wanted to help.
Finally it was done! I trimmed it, flipped it, tacked it, and cleaned up loose threads. Ta da!
Umm I think I just made a designer changing pad instead of a blanket :).
Moral of the story: friends don't let friends sew sleepy!